If you are a the manager of a legal services organization, such as a law firm, government agency, college or university legal department, or corporate legal department, and your responsibilities include finance, human resources, systems (technology), facilities, marketing or practice management, you are eligible for membership in the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) and the Albany Chapter.
Membership in both the ALA and Albany Chapter not only provides for a variety of networking and educational opportunities, but also the opportunity to stay informed on the latest trends in the legal profession.
Benefits of membership in ALA include:
- National and Regional Educational Conferences.
- Legal Management and ALA News Bimonthly Publications.
- National Compensation and Benefits Survey.
- Access to the Members Only Section of the ALA website, which includes Discussions and Forums.
- Access to the ALA Management Solutions reference desk.
- Discounts on a variety of Products and Services from Vendors.
Benefits of membership in the Albany Chapter include:
- Monthly Educational Meetings with Speakers on Topics of Interest to Legal Managers.
- Access to Members Only Section of the Chapter’s Website.
- Access to the Chapter's E-Mail Exchange.
- Local Salary and Benefits Survey.
- Community Service.
- Eligible for Scholarships to the ALA’s National and Regional Educational Conferences.
Most, if not all, legal administrators would agree that the single most important benefit of membership in ALA and the local chapter, is the networking opportunities that can only be provided by an organization that is dedicated to enhancing and supporting the unique needs of the legal management profession. As a member of ALA you have the experience and knowledge base of over 10,000 members at your disposal. It is not surprising that legal administrators, from small firms to multinational firms, from corporate legal departments to government legal agencies, say that their membership in ALA is one of the keys to their success.
To learn more about ALA, please download the ALA brochure. Information on joining ALA may be found on ALA's website.
To join the Albany Chapter, please download our Chapter's Membership Application, complete and forward, along with your dues payment, to the Chapter’s Membership Chair. Questions regarding Chapter membership should be referred to the President or Membership Chair.
Please note that you must join ALA before you can become a member of the Chapter. Membership in the national organization is a prerequisite to membership in the Chapter.